Training Grant Support
The IREP Office supports fellowship and training grant development for graduate students, postdocs and faculty. IREP staff are available to consult with proposal writers on a variety of topics:
For institutional education and training grant proposals, we can assist with:
- Institutional Data: We can help proposal writers locate the most relevant institutional and cross-institutional comparison data through collaboration with the graduate programs, the Graduate School, and Institutional Research;
- Professional and Career Development: We can assist with the development of career and professional development plans for trainees that capitalize on Stony Brook's many strengths in this area, as well as build new models informed by best practices; and
- Collaborations and Connections: We can help proposal writers to connect with other relevant units and parties at Stony Brook engaged in complementary or supporting activities.
- Strategy: We can consult on how to make an effective case for the proposal aims; and
- Feedback: We are available to review and provide feedback on developing drafts.
E-mail us at email@example.com.
The Dept of Education’s Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (GAANN) program has just released a call for new proposals (the first since 2012). GAANN offers funding to departments for fellowships to graduate students in areas of national need, with a limit of one proposal per department in the relevant fields (see list below). The deadline is May 29, 2015. We hope that every eligible program will take advantage of this excellent opportunity to submit a GAANN proposal.
The IREP Office is happy to provide assistance to departments responding to this call. We will facilitate the institutional match from the colleges and the Graduate School. We also will hold an informational meeting on proposal strategies on April 23 at 12pm.
PROPOSAL DEADLINE: May 29, 2015
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area, Ethnic, and Cultural Studies
Biological Sciences/Life Sciences (Biology, Biochemistry and Biophysics, Botany, Cell and Molecular Biology, Microbiology/Bacteriology, Zoology, Misc biological specializations)
Computer and Information Sciences
Mathematics (Math, Applied Math, Math Statistics)
Nursing (Nursing education; DNP not eligible)
Educational Evaluation, Research, and Statistics
GAANN Online Resources: