Faculty-Staff Dissertation Fellowship
This award, initiated in 2006, is made possible through the generosity of Stony Brook
faculty and staff who have contributed to campaigns to support graduate fellowships.
The award is intended to assist a graduate student who has advanced to candidacy and
whose research project requires fieldwork, archival work, or other research efforts
requiring the student to be away from campus for an extended period.
One award, in the amount of $10,000, will be granted.
Departments and programs with graduate students at the dissertation stage may nominate one (1) candidate. The nomination must be made by the student's Graduate Program Director (GPD).
Each nomination should include:
- A completed Google Nomination Form.
- A letter of nomination from the student's Graduate Program Director (GPD). The letter should outline the student's current funding situation. If there is a conflict, the Department Chair can provide this nomination letter in lieu of the GPD.
- Letters of support from (1) the student's advisor, (2) Department Chair, and (3) another program faculty member.
- A short summary of the nominee's status as a graduate student. This should include the date of admission, year of study, date of advancement to candidacy, and expected date of completion of the doctoral degree.
- Dissertation abstract, or similar summary of the project. This should be geared toward a general audience.
- The student's C.V.
The nomination deadline is Monday, February 22, 2021, at 5:00 pm.