Dean's Award for Excellence in Graduate Teaching by a Faculty Member
The Excellence in Graduate Teaching Award recognizes faculty members for excellence
and creativity in the classroom teaching of graduate students. Innovation in graduate
curriculum development and implementation also will be considered. The nominee must
have been a faculty member for at least three years at the time of the nomination.
The award is comprised of a certificate and a $500 award check. Nominations may be made by faculty, staff or students.
Nominations should include:
- A completed Google Nomination Form.
- A letter of nomination. Nominations may be made by faculty, staff or students.
- Letter of support from the faculty member's Department Chair or Graduate Program Director (GPD).
- A letter of support from at least one other faculty member.
- Letters of support from at least two graduate students who have a direct knowledge of nominee's teaching.
- The nominee's C.V.
- Course and teaching evaluations and summary data as appropriate.
- Any additional information deemed appropriate by the nominator.
The nomination deadline is Monday, February 22, 2021, at 5:00 pm.
2019: Thomas Graf, Linguistics