Dean's Award for Excellence in Service by a Graduate Program Coordinator (GPC)
The Dean's Award for Excellence in Service recognizes outstanding service to graduate
education at Stony Brook by a graduate program coordinator (GPC). Criteria for selection
may include provision of timely and excellent advice to graduate students about academic,
registration, support and placement issues, or generosity of time in working with
graduate students. These criteria are not meant to be exhaustive, but instead to suggest
activities that might be considered in a nominating letter. The nominee must have
been a GPC for at least two years at the time of the nomination.
The award is comprised of a certificate and a $500 award check. Nominations may be made by faculty, staff or students.
Nomination materials should include :
- A completed Google Nomination Form.
- A letter of nomination. Nominations may be made by faculty, staff or students.
- Letter of support from the faculty member's Department Chair or Graduate Program Director (GPD).
- Letter of support from at least one other faculty member.
- Letter of support from at least two graduate students who have a direct knowledge of nominee's service activities.
- The nominee's C.V.
The nomination deadline is Monday, February 22, 2021, at 5:00 pm.