Graduate & Postdoctoral Professional Development at Stony Brook
Build Your Path to a Satisfying Career.
Stony Brook University has a long tradition of integrating its research and educational missions. Graduate and Postdoctoral Professional Development strengthens and expands this tradition across campus by fostering collaboration among departments and programs to cultivate a vibrant and diverse community of scholars and develops programming to ensure that undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral scholars receive a well-rounded and multi-dimensional education.
To accomplish this, Graduate and Postdoctoral Professional Development seeks to:
- Foster existing and new professional skills development opportunities for graduate students and postdocs;
- Support the useful completion of Individual Development Plans (IDPs) for graduate students and postdocs;
- With the Career Center, departments and programs, enhance resources and opportunities for exploration of a broad range of careers for our students and postdocs;
- Provide support and advising for the development of individual fellowships and training grants; and
- Maintain the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, which supports and advises Stony Brook's postdoctoral scholars.
Among these offerings are the new NSF-funded PhD Career Ladder Program, the Planning Your Path to a Satisfying Career workshop series, and various information sessions and workshops on external fellowships opportunities. Stay up to date by following us on twitter at @SBUGradProfDev or Facebook at @SBUGradProfDev.
Looking for continuing education opportunities and how to enroll as a non-matriculated
Visit Stony Brook's School of Professional Development.
CAMPUS RESOURCES FOR PROFESSIONAL & CAREER DEVELOPMENT