Annual Student, Faculty & Staff Awards
The Graduate School coordinates an annual awards program to honor outstanding students, faculty, and staff. The awards celebrate excellence and achievement in areas from teaching and research to leadership and service.
The Graduate School accepts award nominations year round, but the 2018 deadline is Monday, February 26, at 5:00 pm.
2018 Call for Nominations - Forthcoming
For each nomination package, the nominator must complete a Google form and submit all supporting documentation electronically, in PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the student nomination cannot be submitted directly by the Graduate Program Director, then the GPD must be cc’d on the submission. Nomination of faculty or staff for the Dean’s Awards can be submitted by other faculty, staff, current graduate students, or graduate alumni.
For questions or concerns regarding the nomination and submission process, please contact Susanne Stahl at email@example.com.
The full list of available awards is as follows:
Graduate Student Awards
- Dean's Alumni Association Leadership Award
- Dorothy L. Pieper Award
- Faculty-Staff Dissertation Fellowship
- John Dunn Excellence Award in Life Sciences
- John Marburger III Fellowship for Science, Engineering and Mathematics
- Joyce Turner Dissertation Fellowship
- Madeline Fusco Fellowship
- Mildred and Herbert Weisinger Dissertation Fellowship
- President's Award to Distinguished Doctoral Students
- President's Award for Excellence in Teaching by a Graduate Student
- Dean's Award for Excellence and Innovation in Graduate Education
- Dean's Award for Excellence in Graduate Mentoring by a Faculty Member
- Dean's Award for Excellence in Graduate Teaching by a Faculty Member
- Dean's Award for Excellence in Service by a Graduate Program Director
- Dean's Award for Excellence in Service by a Graduate Program Coordinator